Michael P. Caffery, has 33 years of experience as a trial attorney representing both defendants and plaintiffs in the area of personal injury litigation. He has handled cases involving automobile liability, labor law, products liability, premises liability, municipal liability and insurance coverage. Mr. Caffery has appeared on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in New York Supreme Court and Federal Court.
His clients have included Aetna Insurance Co., Nationwide Insurance Co., State Farm Insurance Co., Lloyds of London, Town of Tonawanda, Town of Hamburg, Town of Evans, Town of Hanover, Town of Brant, Village of Silver Creek, Village of Farnham, City of Lackawanna, Seneca Nation of Indians, and General Counsel Intercommunity Water Board.
Mr. Caffery also has extensive trial experience handling cases involving criminal matters. He focuses on defending DWI cases throughout the Western New York area.
Mr. Caffery has lectured on civil and criminal litigation issues before other trial attorneys in Erie County. He has also argued cases before the New York State Appellate Division, Fourth Dept. in Rochester, New York.
Prior to joining Bouvier Partnership, LLP, Mr. Caffery was a partner in the law firm of Quinn, McGarry, Caffery & Patricia, P.C. for 30 years. In September 2009, the firm merged with Bouvier Partnership, LLP.
- J.D., University of Toledo Law School, 1978
- B.A., State University of New York at Fredonia, 1975
- New York State Bar
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Seneca Nation of Indians Peacemaker’s Court
- New York State Bar Association
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- Erie County Bar Association
Professional & Civic Activities:
- Catholic Charities of Buffalo, Corporate Division
- Member of The Bishop’s Council of Laity
- Former Board Member, Western New York Division of the American Red Cross
- Former Honorary Swim-A-Cross Chairman, American Red Cross
- Past Member of the World Professional Swimmer’s Association
- Former Co-Chairman of the Nardin Academy Fortune Fundraising Auction
- Former Co-Chairman of the Nichols School Fundraising Auction
- Member Buffalo Club
- Member Buffalo Yacht Club