Kenneth A. Patricia has represented both defendants and plaintiffs in negligence and personal injury cases, with a concentration in personal injury defense for the past 28 years. He has handled cases involving automobile liability, labor law, products liability, medical malpractice, premises liability, municipal liability, and insurance coverage. He was a member of the firm of Quinn, McGarry, Caffery & Patricia, P.C. for 25 years and a partner in that firm for 20 years before that firm merged with the Bouvier Partnership in September 2009. His clients have included Macy’s, Wegmans, Home Depot, Aetna, Nationwide, State Farm, CNA, Erie & Niagara Insurance Association, DePaul Adult Care Communities, and various municipalities. Mr. Patricia’s experience includes approximately 80 jury trials taken to verdict and the briefing and arguing of numerous cases before the Appellate Division for the Fourth Judicial Department in New York State.
- J.D., State University of New York at Buffalo, 1980 - Director, Buffalo Legislation Project, in which he directed 80 law students in their legislative research efforts on local, state and national levels.
- B.B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1977 (cum laude) – Inducted as a member, Beta Gamma Sigma, a national organization of honor students in undergraduate business schools whose grades are in the 10% of all undergraduate business students.
- New York State Bar, 1981
- Maryland Bar, 1983
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States District Court, Maryland
- New York State Bar Associations
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Professional & Civic Activities:
- Past President, Buffalo Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, a national trial lawyers organization which is limited to attorneys who have taken at least 20 cases to verdict.
- Speaker for Lorman Education Services on issues such as cross-examination and trial technique including “Conducting an Effective Cross-Examination in New York”